Today’s Plinky.com prompt was, “What greatest hits album could you listen to on repeat?” Here’s my response and the album cover art that I selected to illustrate it. ;o)
I could listen to Simon & Garfunkel’s Greatest Hits over and over and over. I’m a total square, but that’s how I roll. If I had to pick ONE album, that would be it.
If it’s any consolation to the hipsters out there, I also like a lot of the modern “emo pop” (God help me) that my 14-year-old introduces me to, but give me Simon & Garfunkel, CCR, John Denver, Joni Mitchell, the Carpenters, or Arlo Guthrie ANY DAY. Well … and throw in some early Eagles, Meat Loaf and ZZ Top too. Just sayin’.
Does anyone else sift through his/her blog’s spam filters occasionally? I find it irresistible sometimes. Apparently, knock-off purses are getting a HUGE push, along with anything Nike. For this blog, here are my favorite spam comments lately:
- This internet site is my breathing in, genuinely very good layout and perfect content material.
- All products provided, you turn to a promotional heavy-set copse touched in the noodle and most beneficent service.
- His foot, ankle, can of muscles remarkably noxious.
- Chintzy crammer in Japan!
- Be afflicted with Budget-priced Bus.
- Blow the whistle on buy, do not evade it.
- Particularly scant percentage can buy yo.
- We brim-full congested of the most famous teacher gorgon.
- You arrange our hush-hush survival.
- We can away with us indelicate we go.
I’m doing the 10-week “Save the Cat” (STC) writing challenge based on Blake Snyder’s book.
The STC writing challenge should be a fun one: 10 stories. 10 weeks. 10 different genres. The challenge has some flexibility, so here are the rules I will be following:
1 – Write a story a week for 10 weeks, corresponding to one of the 10 genre types. Order will not matter; no type can be repeated.
2 – I have to specify a story length to shoot for. I will say 5,000 words since I doubt I will be able to contain myself to the suggested 1,000-word flash fiction length. This may change after my first week’s efforts!
3 – Starting next week, I will publish my stories on this blog (and possibly other forums) by 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Wish me luck!