I’ve been pretty happy with the clothes my Dia.com stylist picked for me the past couple of months. We’re still getting to know each other, so I’ve had a few returns, but she’s also found some things within my budget that delight me — no easy feat when you’re plus-sized.
Biggest hits so far:
- A denim jacket I just couldn’t say no to, and I cannot wait until it’s cool enough to wear it.
- A soft “vegan leather” clutch purse in a neutral shade of wine/brown that goes with everything.
- My white jeans that fit like a dream, even on my fat butt and poochy stomach. ;o)
- A navy blouse with a super flattering neckline.
Biggest regrets so far:
- A gorgeous white linen blouse that was perfect in every way except for how the front buttons gapped across the bust. That would drive me crazy to have to use double-sided tape to keep that shut. Also, I know I’m too damned lazy to iron linen regularly. So I sent it back. With a lump in my throat!
- I haven’t found a summery maxi dress from them yet. Both they have sent me are that cheap-feeling double-knit polyester, and y’all, I have already lived through the ’70s once and don’t intend to do so again. (It’s kind of odd, because every other single thing they have sent me has been really high quality material and well-made.) Mostly, I didn’t like the loosely gathered waists. I’m just too big for that. I need an empire waist or no waist.
Verdict on Dia.com: RECOMMENDED to any of my plus-sized gal friends. You pay $20 a month for the stylist fee; if you keep any of the five things they send you, the $20 gets deducted from that. If you buy all 5 things, they add an additional discount. You can ship back any returns or exchanges for free. (Shipping to you is free too.)
I haven’t taken any photos of me in my Dia clothes yet, but you can see some other Dia customers in their new duds over here: https://www.dia.com/gallery.
SPECIAL REQUEST & FULL DISCLOSURE: If you decide to check it out, please consider using this link — I get a little kickback if you give them a try: https://www.dia.com/r/1i3e4. Thanks!